FELT SUPER NOSTALGIC VIBES TODAY..
I'm in my parents hometown (Lima, OH) this week, aka where all my family was born.. Except me. Also where I spent all my summers.
- •SceneryLima is like a really small hicktown. Country to say the least, but I've always loved the old look of the place.
- •Summer campI never was in Girl Scouts, but somehow ended up in summer camp there during the summers. This was the "Johnny Appleseed" site, so guess what we did.... Yea, pick apples.
- •Where the kids hung out on Friday nightsSo sad to see Squirty Worm is closed. The kids hung out here, it's basically like a Putt Putt golf but ofcourse Lima's own version. It really wasn't that fun but the town is so small, we really made our own fun.
- •Where I learned how to driveGo karting @ SW was a sport. Real live competition in the city lol learned how to drive here, well atleast how to navigate a car.
- •Drive-thrusMy hands down favorite feature of the Midwest. Drive thrus. Because it gets so cold, store owners have cut outs in the stores for customers to literally drive through. So cool.
- •No, seriously... A corner store drive thruIt's a legit store. Any & everything you need. Backwoods & all.
- •Family restaurantWeird enough, my family is Jamaican & we own a restaurant........but not a Jamaican restaurant. Pic coming soon... My phone died but I'll update later.
- •Speaking of foodMy favorite food spot back home. It's based off the tv show Happy Daz & specializes in burgers & tenderloins.. I don't eat either, so I just go for the old fashion ice cream.
- •Visited my aunts classMy aunt teaches at the local catholic school, so I went to check out her class. Needless to say, I'll never be a catholic school teacher.
- •Nana's houseMan. My favorite place on Earth. It's too much too explain, it's just that place.. Ya know?