Ways That Hawaii Ruined My Mainland Experiences
Now that pidgin is an official language (we never need your approval brah), I'm releasing this list into the wild....
- •Blue Pacific Ocean, Haleakala, Hana > Gray Pacific Ocean, Yosemite, RedwoodsAll of my experiences in mainland scenery/nature will never compare to the beauty of Hawaii. I've enjoyed these places, but I'm never satisfied.
- •Pidgin aka language barrierI have never and will never speak proper english. I stumble over words and take long pauses to think of alternative words. Brah, it's junk when no one gets um. No can liddat.
- •I know more Hawaiian History than U.S. HistoryYa ask me anything about the overthrow of the monarchy or the hawaiian kingdom. But don't ask me who the whatever number president was. I don't know. Maybe this is due to my own failure, because I'm sure we were taught it. Maybe I felt distant from the mainland and had no interest.
- •Fresh fruit, fresh fish, fresh airHOPE YA LIKE TART AND FROZEN EVERYTHING, MAINLAND.
- •ETHNIC DIVERSITYAnd the lack of japanese, chinese, korean, vietnamese, and hawaiian food is hard to endure. I like my white people food, but a girl needs her lau lau yanno
- •What is 2-day shipping? NEXT DAY SHIPPING? 2-HOUR SHIPPING?!??!WAIT THINGS HERE DON'T COME FROM THE BARGE?!
- •I'm an overall alien or weirdoI don't share the normal/common experiences as other mainland people, but I wouldn't change it for a second. Hawaii is a INCREDIBLE place to grow up in and I miss it every day.