POTENTIAL SELF CARE ROUTINES TO TRY IN THE FUTURE
As a counselor in training and person in recovery, self care is of the utmost importance. Or so my therapist, professors, and supervisors continue to tell me.
- •More zentangles.I used to do these all the time. I think it may be time to start carrying around a deck of zentangle cards and forcing myself to try new patterns again.
- •RunningI am actually remarkably mindful of my breathing while running. And as my supervisor pointed out multiple times during our 40 minutes today, I tend to stop breathing when I'm stressed.
- •Time with friendsI miss my people. We don't even live that far away.
- •PoetryI don't know, like, writing what I really would like to say to my clients if it weren't considered "un therapeutic"? Or just acknowledging where my shit rubs up against theirs.
- •Allergy-free dietTurns out, I'm allergic to a lot of shit. I am putting almost zero effort into avoiding allergens currently, so maybe that would be helpful.
- •CollageI've done this since I was a kid. Or used to, before I thought it was a "waste of time".
- •Me timeYou know, in all that free time I have. Mostly journaling and chai tea if I can find the time to do it.