June 2017 Books
- •I love me some Elizabeth Strout.Had to put this on pause. It's great but small town drama is too close to what's in my life right now
- •The Book That Matters MostMy sister's book club read this book about a book club. I couldn't put it down. I love books about books
- •I love every Tara French bookEspecially The Likeness. I had to put this away for a while as reading a detective story hits too close to my life right now. I need something escapist and comforting
- •Saving CeeCee HoneycuttAnother sister book club read. It's a little harsh for me right now but I'm going to go a little furtiher. Edit: got a few chapters in and this book is great!!! Edit 2: finished, this book is awesome!
- •All Summer LongOk, I have some major problems with this book-mainly the excessive use of the word "slut" to describe other women characters. There's a lot of women on women hating in this book. There's also a lot of child shaming. I can't get over that there's a 30 year old character whose mother is 85. No explanation, just her mother is 55 years older than her child. How did that get by editors??? ...but I actually really enjoyed this story and it was easy to get into that world, so I liked it.
- •All Summer LongWasn't a fan of the middle-aged mom shaming that went on in the beginning, but I think it ended up ok.
- •The Other EinsteinI found this book very readable, relatable and informative!