THING I NEED TO CONSTANTLY REMIND MYSELF
- •DO NOT SEND ANGRY EMAILSI tend to get quite verbose when upset. And I get upset in work quite often. I'm normally pretty good at waiting until I calm down, but I just sent a frantic/upset email to my business partner that I'm already regretting
- •STAND UP FOR YOURSELFI can be assertive without being angry. I know how good I am at what I do. I can speak up for what I deserve while still being respectful of everyone involved.
- •GO FOR A WALK TO CLEAR YOUR HEADConstantly dealing with people can get frustrating. It's ok to take a few minutes to go outside to calm down. Luckily there's a gigantic hill at the end of my street, so I can climb that hill and feel like I did something difficult. When I get to the top of the hill, I feel like I'm on top again. I need to do this more often.
- •DO NOT TWEET SNARKY THINGSI've had to overcome my sarcastic nature in order to be heard more clearly. Sometimes I get so angry at situations (rape culture, bro culture, entitlement) that I want to sub tweet all night. But I always regret it. So I have to once again step away from the computer. My voice gets heard more when I'm sincere.
- •CHECK YOUR INTENTIONS BEFORE SOCIAL MEDIA POSTINGA few years ago I started paying attention to why I was posting what I was posting. Especially with Instagram, it was almost always a sub-post. Whomever my perceived enemy at the time was whom I was directing my so-called happy photos at. As in "I don't need you! Look at how much fun I'm having without you!" Almost always this was directed at former frenemies. But that sort of anger just hurts me and feeds my obsession. I don't always win this one. But I am a lot better now
- •ALWAYS ASK HOW CAN I SERVE?Things always go better for me when I'm working towards fulfilling my life purpose. When I take on clients for the wrong reasons - because they're trendy or cool or I think they'll raise my profile on some way- the campaigns don't go well. But when I take on clients that I think will help bring peace to the world by sharing a positive message, the campaigns always go better.
- •IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT YOU LOOK LIKELike most people I've struggled with my self perception. This year I decided to stop trying to care about makeup. I just don't like it or care about it. I'm working on just bring the best me I can be and letting those cards fall where they will. I threw out my scale a few months ago and the positive effects that has had on my life are amazing.
- •IT'S OK, EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OKSo I had a bit of a meltdown and sent a frantic/upset email to one of the people that I admire most in this world. It's going to be ok. I wish I was more mature, but that's why she's one of my heroes- because I look up to her for guidance on how to be calm in any situation. This will be ok.