TOP 6 THINGS I LEARNED IN SELF DEFENSE CLASS
Or, how I stopped worrying and learned to fight back
- •Always fight backDon't be passive. If someone is trying to take you, go batshit crazy and they'll most likely leave you alone. No one wants to deal with crazy
- •Walk hardWhen walking alone, keep your head up, make eye contact, let your potential attacker know you see them. Attackers go for easy prey
- •BiteGet whatever you can in your mouth and bite as hard as you can. This is a tough one for me, so the instructor said to just start thinking about what you would do if you were attacked. Try to get in the mindset of being able to bite someone hard enough to save your life
- •Break little fingersIf someone has you in a hold, grab their little fingers, pull them until they break, and give them a shake. The shaking makes the attacker register pain and drop you
- •Drop your weightIf someone has a hold on you, go dead weight on them, which throws them off balance. Then kick their knee or break their instep.
- •RunDo what you can to get away and run. I learned some kicks and punches, but realistically any man can hit me harder. The most important thing is to get away. Do what you can to get out of the situation. Don't be passive. Get out of there