THINGS I KNOW ABOUT STOCKS
- •Sometimes they go upThis generally makes people very happy. It also doesn't really affect me personally, so who cares, people.
- •Sometimes they go downThis usually makes people sad or angry I believe. Again, doesn't affect me noticably, so I don't lose any sleep over it.
- •You can't buy just oneI once spent an afternoon trying to buy a single stock so I would have something to watch go up and down. It turns out that this isn't a service offered by any stock trading websites, not even the one with the talking baby in the commercial
- •The Dow JonesI think this guy owns all the stocks? I'm not sure about this one.
- •If you broke the rules in olden days, they'd put you in the stocksDifferent stocks for sure, but the concept still applies.
- •Getting a job as a stock boy wasn't what I expectedI didn't know which definition of "stock" it was going to be, and it turned out to be the worst one.
- •Something happened with the stocks today!See "sometimes they go down"