SMART COP SHOWS
I left out the classics. So knock yourself out adding NYPD Blue -- or even Cagney and Lacey, if you're feeling frisky.
- •The WireNot just a cop show, obviously, but it would be (sorry) a crime not to include it.
- •The Shield
- •True DetectiveStrictly season one, of course.
- •BroadchurchBut not the American remake.
- •Happy ValleyStream it on Netflix. Then thank me.
- •LutherWith Idris Elba from the Wire!
- •The KillingI continued to like it even after many others turned against it. Last season a bit of a bummer, though.
- •DexterRemember how, before it went off the rails, the first few seasons were awesome?
- •The FallGillian Anderson!
- •HannibalAlso Gillian Anderson! (Although she is not a cop here.)
- •WallanderKenneth Branagh plays a moody as hell Swede.
- •Inspector Lewis
- •Homicide: Life on the StreetsSuggested by @aleem
- •Prime SuspectHelen Mirren stars in this. Need I say more?Suggested by @THEToughCookie