THINGS THAT MAKE MY JOB WORTH IT
- •One time a vet prescribed a young couple's chihuahua Xanax so they could clip it's nails. They thought it was as ridiculous as we did.
- •In OH you have to present a form of identification (driver's license) in order to buy products containing pseudoephedrine because it can be used to make crystal meth. A lady didn't have her driver's license so we couldn't sell her any. She told us she was going to write a letter to the DEA.
- •A little girl came in with her mom sobbing because she didn't want to be there. She looked me dead in the eyes and screamed "IM NEVER COMING BACK HERE AGAIN!"
- •Every time someone yells at my boss on the phone.One time she got called a "fucking bitch." We laughed about it for the rest of the day.
- •A little kid (~5-6) wasn't paying attention while walking through the store. He walked right into a pole in front of the pharmacy and then asked for some Percocet to "soothe the pain."
- •When we were super busy, the bakery brought a tray of donuts to keep the costumers happy. A large population of the patients we serve are diabetic. They could only stare at them.
- •Around the holiday season, a kid once DESTROYED a display in front of the pharmacy. I picked up the phone and said "Santa? Another for the naughty list." The kid started to cry but my boss didn't make me apologize which was 💯💯
- •Occasionally telling people "good luck!" as I dispense their antibiotics.