How I Got Over My Fear of Needles 💉
All my life I had been deathly afraid of needles, every time I would have to get blood drawn or a finger prick, my hands would start sweating and I would almost pass out!
- 1.I have really bad seasonal allergies so my mom took me to see an allergistShe said that they would do a skin and blood test at my next appointment. I was relieved that I had time to mentally prepare!
- 2.Of course, I forgot about that appointment.
- 3.And on the day of, there was a blood drive at my school. I was in HOSA and decided to donate for the first time.
- 4.They pricked my finger, (sweated a little, but didn't faint) and my hemoglobin levels were high enough to donate.
- 5.Finally I got in that bus and they showed me that HUGE needleI thought to myself, I have made a huge mistake.
- 6.I filled the bag in like 20 minutes and got some free snacks, it wasn't as bad as I thought!And I also got a really cute bow on my arm from where the bandage was
- 8.When I got home my mom said we needed to leave to go to the allergist because I was going to have my tests done that day.
- 9.PANIC!!!! 🙃🙃🙃🙃
- 10.When I got there, the nurse told me I'd be getting 42 SHOTS42. FORTY-TWO. I almost fainted when she said that.
- 11.I watched her inject me 42 times, and some hurt more than others. But my the 20th, I just didn't care anymore. I wasn't scared. I felt nothing. I was just like, alright shoot me up!
- 12.I had been pricked and prodded so many times that day. With the blood donation and all. My arm started itching hella bad and they gave me some cortisone(?) cream to put on it. Turns out I'm allergic to a lot of stuff. Dogs, cats, horses, feathers, you name it. I'll sneeze to it.
- 13.Afterwards, I went to Five Guys and people started at my horrendous looking arm
- 14.And to this day, 4 years later, I am no longer afraid of needles. I like getting blood drawn now!