Things My Step-mother Taught ME
My parents divorced when I was 15, and my dad remarried when I was 18. Things haven't always been smooth sailing but I am glad to have my step mom in my life.
- •She showed me what the mother and child bond looks like.Up until I was 18 I had been an only child, and my parents were never particularly affectionate with me. And to me, that was normal. But when my sister was born, I saw the love that a mother has for her child. The way she held that newborn baby in her arms, the way she looked at her for the first time. I will never forget that. And I'll be forever grateful to her for letting me be a part of that moment.
- •She taught me how to stop putting my parents up on a pedestal, as if they could do no wrong. And reminded me, that they are people and make mistakes.And that that's okay.
- •That step-mothers aren't evil, and even though I have a great relationship with my mom, sometimes I go to my step mom for advice first. Because she is not only my family, but my friend.
- •She has taught me many things, and given me countless advice. But most importantly she has always been there for me, and always treated me as if I were her own daughter. And I'm glad to have her as my bonus mom
- •P.S. She also taught me how to take care of a baby. 🙃