Witty banter is my favorite TV genre. Fucked up families is a close second.
- •Rory and LorelaiThe gold standard. 80-page scripts for an hour long show. Unheard of. The perfect combination of pop culture and zingers.
- •Buffy and...anyoneAll hail Joss and his ability to turn verbs into nouns and create a whole new teen language.
- •Josh Lyman and Donna MossThe longest, sexiest, wordiest courtship of all time.
- •Veronica and LoganHate, love, hate, love. I'm surprised they managed to find time to make out with all the banter they exchanged. Hint: If you loved Veronica Mars, you'll totally dig iZombie.
- •Bunheads (Sutton Foster and any of her little ballet students)
- •Lindsay and Sam WeirMy favorite TV siblings.
- •Jack (Amanda Peet) & Jill (Ivan Sergei)Oh how I loved this show. The entire cast was just so amazingly zinger-filled--especially Sarah Paulson.
- •Xander and CordeliaA writing teacher once told me that the best scenes involve 2 people who couldn't be more different. Hence the perfection of Xander and Cordelia. (Until they started dating, which was weird.)
- •Joey and PaceyCome on.
- •Monica and RachelI love it when they fight.
- •Will and GraceAka my BFF Seth and me. Honorable mention: Karen and Rosario.
- •Dan Rydell and Casey McCallThe perfect Sports Night duo.
- •Mal and WashThe entire crew of the Serenity had the best vocab in the galaxy.