FIRST TRIP TO OJAI - ROLLIN' SOLO
Yes, I booked this way before the NYT piece. I didn't read it and have no plans. It's all just...
- •I've done zero research and have only vague ideas of where to eat and get coffee so this will be an adventure.
- •My airbnb cottage is magical, yes magical. It has the worst decor ever and I never want to leave. The woman who owns it left me a bag of tangerines.
- •I already hid the remote from myself and set up shop to write. No TV for a week.
- •It's drizzly and gray, which is the best weather in any town that doesn't have a beach.
- •The daughter of the woman who owns the main house is named Sunshine and told me she turned up the air bc menopause.
- •Apparently Bart's Books is a 5 minute walk. I will be filling my car with books NO DOUBT.
- •Brought my books of West Wing and Freaks and Geeks shooting scripts for inspiration.
- •Am looking for the perfect playlist. I listened to Dinner Party Download on the way up, but now I'm ready for some tunes.
- •Hell, I might not even sign into wifi at all.
- •It appears I forgot my computer charger. Someone (thing?) really wants me to take a vacation.