THE 5 NEW TV SHOWS YOU SHOULD WATCH, LEST YOU SEEM LIKE AN IGNORANT FOOL AT THE WATER COOLER
It's more like "lest I seem like an ignorant fool on EW conference calls when I say 'spoiler alert!'" And everyone is all: That's your problem, you slacker editor.
- •iZombieIt's Veronica Mars...with zombie brains. Talk about making something good even better, this show has all the Rob Thomas (not the Matchbox 20 one, the TV one) banter with none of the "am I missing out on the zombie trend?" guilt.
- •HindsightVH1 is doing scripted and killing it with this time travel show set in the 90s that's worth it for the killer soundtrack alone. (It's particularly amazing when the time traveler ruins Friends for her BFF.)
- •EmpireI don't really have to explain this, do I?
- •Barely FamousI know what you're thinking: TWO VH1 shows on 1 list? I can't believe it either. But here we are with the sisters Foster and their faux reality show send up that's on the Waiting for Guffman-level track for sure.
- •The Late Late Show With James CordenThis charming Brit with the pipes of an angel (See: Into the Woods; One Man, Two Guvnors) just took over for Craig Ferguson and so far (1 show in), he's GD adorable.
- •BONUS: The AmericansIt's not new but if I read one more "The Best Show You're Not Watching" piece on this spy drama, I'm going to punch a wall. Keri Russell, Matthew Rhys, and their wigs are the most versatile stars on TV right now.