THE BEST AMY SHERMAN-PALLADINO QUOTES FROM THE Q&A I DID WITH HER TODAY
Some genius put me onstage in a room with 100 people and the creator of Gilmore Girls.
- •"I tried to get Lauren (Graham) to fuck David Boreanaz at upfronts one year.... "....She was like 'I have to be on stage in 5 minutes!' And I said: 'How long could it last--he's wearing a pastel blue suit!" (When asked who Lorelei should end up with.)
- •"We got no help from [George] Clooney!"ER filmed on the same lot and had tons of money to work with... Gilmore Girls did not.
- •"I'm writing the book for a [broadway] musical right now."AND THEN I DIED AND WENT TO HEAVEN.
- •"If we want people to embrace more Melissa McCarthys and complicated parts...""...we have to keep writing the parts, fighting the fights and be willing to be fired and say to Mr. Person With Money, 'You're wrong.' Anything worth doing is a fight."
- •On the last episode"I had hoped maybe that there would have been a call, 'Hey, it's the last episode, do you want to come back? And there wasn't."
- •The OG GG pitch"I kinda want to do a show about a mother and daughter — and they're friends."
- •"I can't imagine Lorelei and Rory saying fucking fuck this and fucking fuck that."When asked about putting the show on cable and using curse words.
- •"Today, you don’t sell Gilmore Girls. Nobody would buy it. It wouldn’t happen.”Saddest thing about TV rn. Bring back the dramedy!