TV I WATCHED WITH MY PARENTS GROWING UP
I had a TV in my room from when I was a toddler through college. Haven't had one in my bedroom since.
- •Wheel of Fortune and JeopardyEvery night during dinner, yelling answers at the little TV screen. How do you think I got so smart?
- •Out of This WorldDuring dinner in the 80s, along with Small Wonder I think. Lots of aliens and robots going on in the 80s.
- •Saturday morning cartoons: Jabberjaw, Laff-a-Lympics, Captain Caveman, Snorks, Paw-pawsI'd climb into my parent's bed to watch all the Hanna Barbera ones I loved.
- •Orioles baseball gamesI'll never forget when we won the '83 World Series.
- •Saturday Night LiveIt must have been in reruns bc all I can remember is sitting with my dad, cracking up to Steve Martin's King Tut, Gilda Radner's Roseanne Roseannadanna and Belushi's "cheeseburger cheeseburger".
- •Family TiesI wanted to be Mallory so much.
- •ThirtysomethingI watched all kinds of inappropriate dramedies with my mom and Aunt Deb before I was old enough to understand them. Maybe that's why I love Jason Katims so much: he champions a dying breed of TV show.
- •Days of Our LivesI remember watching a lot of it with my mom during the plot arc when Marlena was possessed.
- •Sex and the CityI watched one episode with my mom on a college break and NEVER AGAIN.