Favorite Authors, then
- •Andrew ClementsNo Talking, Things Not Seen, Frindle
- •Beverly ClearlyI actually discovered Andrew Clements when searching the C section in my elementary school library for Beverly Cleary and picking up one of his by mistake. I of course read the classics (the Ramona Series, Ralph S. Mouse) and also loved the lesser known novels, like Muggie Maggie, Strider, and Socks.
- •Ann M. MartinThe Baby-sitter's club, The Doll People
- •Roald DahlI think Roald Dahl has to be included on every child's list of favorite authors.
- •Judy BlumeAgain, iconic author, whose young adult works I often wondered into at too young an age.
- •Lauren MyracleIn my middle school "trashier" phase, I devoured The Winnie Years and Internet Girls series.
- •Jen CalonitaSecrets of My Hollywood Life, Sleepaway Girls, Reality Check
- •Lois LowryThe Giver series, Number the Stars
- •Meg CabotThe Princess Diaries may never have lived up to the film for me, but I enjoyed All American Girl, Teen Idol, and, when a little older, the Heather Wells series.