Things I Appreciate About My Family's Easter Gatherings + Some Other Thoughts
My family is pretty low key due to the fact that all us kids have grown up. But some things haven't changed besides the absence of the egg hunt. Here are some of the things I appreciate about my family when Easter comes around.
- •My dad cooks......the best American food. It's the weirdest shit because he's straight from the Philippines. I mean, he's lived in the states for a while, but I always expect sinigang (it's Filipino... chill) or some pork based meal. Came to my parents and filled my stomach with the best rack of ribs, loaded mashed potatoes, and my dads famous melon juice (it's a Filipino thing as well).
- •My mom talks...... a lot. Not in a bad way. I think I've received my love for stories and story telling because of this woman. She told me how she got laid off... and she doesn't really give a fuck. She just followed up with, I'll find a job sooner or later. Such a positive lady she is. And after updating me on her life, she follows up with stories of my childhood that I've heard many times before. But oddly enough I still enjoy hearing them over and over again.
- •My brother lives......in a different state. Kinda sucks. But hey... I got leftovers.
- •My sister is...... in a better place. It's holidays like this where I I understand that life is fragile, but also, there's a better life after this worldly one. Another day to remind myself that yes, I'm not perfect, I fuck up a lot, but I'm loved to the point that God's son would lay his life down for the best of his father's children.
- •My family rules...... so fucking hard 🤘🏼the dynamic of my family is weird as shit, but at the end of the day, I wouldn't be who I am today without them. I'm thankful for these goons.
- •Lastly...Whoever invented Peeps is an idiot. That stuff tastes like absolute GARB...AGE. Garbage.
- •Lastly lastly...A lot of Easter candies are not as good as I remember. All of it is trash. I'd rather have an almond joy as an 8 year old.