THE TOP 15 TV SERIES OF 2015
Comedy, Drama, reality and mini series
- •15. Crazy Ex-GirlfriendThe whole thing can be a little annoying Taylor Swift stalkery, however the songs are hilarious. I hope this one lives to see another season.
- •14. FargoThis will be closer to the top of a litigator people's lists. I actually preferred season 1 and some of this was out there. I loved performances by Bokeem Woodbine, Jean Smart and especially Kirsten Dunst.
- •13. Jane the VirginThis great ensemble continues to charm in Season 2. The show has even more heart this season.
- •12. Parks and RecreationThe Amy Poehler classic was a little uneven in its final time jumping season, but the series finale was perfect.
- •11. LookingOne of the most honest portrayals of gay men on television was cancelled too soon. Luckily we have a HBO movie finale to look forward to in 2016.
- •10. Mad MenThe final season was a bit uneven but the last few episodes gave many of the characters resolution if not a happily ever after. Jon Hamm finally won a well deserved Emmy for one of TV's iconic characters.
- •9. EmpireThe show lost its way a bit at the beginning of Season 2, but brought it back before the mid season finale. But in the first half of the year there was not a show that was more talked about. It deserved all the hype.
- •8. blackishblackish was very funny in season 1, but it came back in season 2 with something to say. It took on church and the n word, and it always did it in a funny way. The season finale is forgiven!
- •7. The Unbreakable Kimmy SchmidtIt had lots of heart, but also nothing was off limits in the name of funny. I can't wait to watch season 2 with some Peeno Noir.
- •6. The AffairSeason 1 was more a relationship drama, but season 2 was more of a heavy plotted soap opera and there isn't any shame in that.
- •5. Survivor Cambodia-Second ChancePerhaps you have up on Survivor long ago. That's too bad because this season was the best season since the first season.
- •4. UnrealLifetime made an excellent show that was both a scathing look at realty television and respectful soap opera
- •3. TransparentThe best show of 2014 was still amazing, but I personally could've used more Maura and less of her f$&@ up kids. Fortunately , there was also more Judith Light.
- •2. Getting OnThis is one of HBO's lesser noticed shows. It is based on a British comedy about a geriatric hospital. Alex Borstein, Niecy Nash and Laurie Metcalf were comic and dramatic gold. Sadly season 3 was the last. Long live Varla!
- •1. Please Like MeThe best show on television is an Australian show on a channel called Pivot that most people don't even know they have. Season 1 was entertaining, season 2 was a bit dark but uneven, but this year season 3 was closest thing to television perfect. It does an amazing job of showing what it's like to be in your 20s and what it's like to be human.