Things in a Home That Subtly Diminish Quality of Life
- •Glass coffee tables.Every time you or anyone else walks past them, your stress levels increase a little bit out of fear that you or they will stumble and crash through.
- •Sticky drawersThis one is from Getting Things Done. Sticky drawers discourage you from using them. As a result you pile things up elsewhere. Drawers should be a joy to open and close.
- •Most pocket doorsMost pocket doors have shitty hardware. Locking them is a pain for a couple years and then it becomes flat out impossible. Then you have a door that doesn't perform a door's basic functions. Also, pocket doors decrease sound insulation because the wall has to be hollow to accommodate the door.
- •Small cutting boards.Putting chopped vegetables back onto a cutting board because they fell off is the worst waste of time. Get a big-ass cutting board.
- •Toilet bowl lids that don't close softlyThat little bracing we do to prepare for the loud clang of a toilet lid closing has no place in modern life.