10 famous TV show chairs & couches
Chairs and couches aren't just for sitting in while watching TV. Some are TV stars themselves! Here are 10 famous ones....
- 1.Iron Throne from Game of ThronesEveryone is fighting to sit on the Iron Throne in Game of Thrones but be careful! Made of the swords of conquered enemies, it's sharp and designed to ensure the ruler never gets comfortable.
- 2.Time travel chair from 12 MonkeysIf you hear "Initiate splinter sequence!" while sitting in this chair, you'll be heading on a time travel adventure. To save the world. No pressure.
- 3.The couch from FriendsPerfect for whenever you need to sit outdoors by a fountain with all your friends.
- 4.The Pied Piper CEO chair from Silicon ValleyHow many chairs have ever run a $250 million tech start-up? This one has.
- 5.Archie Bunker's chair from All in the FamilySo famous is Archie's chair that it resides, along with his wife Edith's, in the Smithsonian Institution.
- 6.The Mastermind chairIf you're from the UK, you know and perhaps fear this chair. Those sitting in it for the popular quiz show Mastermind are tested as experts in their chosen subject and general knowledge.
- 7.Enterprise captain's chair from Star TrekThere's been many captain's chairs over the years, but the iconic classic from the original series started them all. Remember when Kirk sat on that tribble?
- 8.Chairy from Pee Wee's PlayhouseA chair that hugs you when you sit in it? That's nice.
- 9.Martin's chair from FrasierFrasier once threw it out, saying it was only a chair. Marty replied: "I want the chair I was sitting in the night you called me to tell me I had a grandson. I want the chair I was in all those nights, when your mother used to wake me up with a kiss after I'd fallen asleep in front of the television. Y'know I still fall asleep in it. And every once in a while, when I wake up, I still expect your mother to be there, ready to lead me off to bed. Oh, never mind. It's only a chair." Sniff 😥😰😭
- 10.The Simpsons CouchThe Simpsons is the longest running primetime scripted series in the US, making the couch in the opening credits arguably the most famous chair on TV. There's no doubt it's acting with the always changing gag.
- 11.Bonus chairs & couches....I thought 10 of anything is enough but those wanting more or thinking "What about!" there are Norm's barstool from Cheers, the chairs from The Voice, couches from Beavis & Butthead, Married With Children and The Wire,