POTENTIAL DYSTOPIAN FUTURE SCENARIOS
This has been sitting in my drafts since the beta days of yore. Figure it's time to post.
- •Water worldGlobal warming causes the seas to rise and population to lower. We adapt by building cities on stilts and implementing hydroponics, but without land can we really survive?
- •DevolutionInspired by movies like Idiocracy and Mad Max. Society becomes so large and unmanageable, we become half humans. Taking steps backwards in intelligence and humanity.
- •Space Station EarthWhen our fields turn to dust we head to the stars, but can humanity remain the same on the cold steel of a space station? Life in space won't be luxurious like you see in the movies. It will involve a lot of hardship and manual labor.
- •Zombie ApocalypseWe all know this story. How long would you survive?
- •Hard drive society.Society is on it's way out and as a last ditch effort we download our collective consciousness into a massive hard drive. Living out our days like The Sims. Woo Hooing until someone asks you if you want to have a baby. Rosebud.
- •Alien InvasionIt's possible there's other life out there. Maybe they can help us, but at what cost?
- •Hunger Games realnessRising population may entail some thinning of the heards. Could the Hunger Games or The Purge be more of a realty then you think?
- •Robot overlords.It's only a matter of time until we start modding ourself with tech. Will these "upgrades" create a master race of robo-humans?
- •Corporate governmentIn a shocking turn of events, corporations like Google, Walmart, and Amazon bail out the failing government. Freedom brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Wal-Mart.
- •President Donald TrumpWe elect at racist, chauvinist, billionaire reality show star as president, which triggers a cascade of attacks against our nation and subsequently the collapse of democracy itself.