TERRY GROSS IS MY HOMEGIRL
Really the main reason I want to achieve anything in life is to be interviewed by TG.
- •The voice.Aunt Terry. The one you always wished you had.
- •The way she welcomes her guests by their full name."Genghis Khan, welcome back to Fresh Air."
- •Her love of old Broadway musicals.Nerdish to the point of winsome.
- •Always asks the very question that is in my head.eg to the Wachowskis, re. JUPITER ASCENDING: "Just: why?" Okay she didn't ask that but I'm pretty sure we're all asking it.
- •Always asks a question I never would have thought to ask.I can't remember an example right now but it happens all the damn time.
- •That laugh.The signature TG-chortle (aka "The Terry Snort") can improve even the worst of days.
- •Those little mid-word stumbles.She's just so fucking into it she gets ahead of herself. Damn, girl.
- •The preponderance of LGBT people and issues she covers.We love you right back, Terry.
- •The Mark Maron interview.Marry me, Terry. Along with Mark Maron. And then interview me about the dramedy I write about our deeply strange and glorious poly triad. Okay this comment just got really fucking weird.