MY FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT ROAD TRIPS
My family is fond of road trips. It's important that I stay positive.
- •The snacksIt's basically a free-for-all every time we stop at a gas station to refuel or for a potty break. There is no judgement when you grab a bag of hot Cheetos and a Starbucks mocha drink for breakfast. Calories and normal eating habits don't exist on road trips, right?
- •The musicI'm lucky to have parents who appreciate the power of the aux cord and also love oldies. We jam to Earth, Wind, and Fire for HOURS. Can I get a "heck yeah"?
- •The sceneryI absolutely love Texas. You can say anything you want about the desolate southern deserts, but today I saw a roadrunner run into some brush near Uvalde and it blew my mind, and saw the most amazing sunset outside of San Antonio on our way back to Houston.
- •The convosThings get pretty deep. I appreciate that being in such a close space forces us to really talk about something substantial.
- •The memoriesWhether we're making them or reminiscing about them, it's safe to say that memories are a big part of our family's road-tripping.