(Some of) my favorite moments of The Office after Michael's departure.
I will defend seasons 8 and 9 to the death. Also these are in no particular order. There are more than are listed here, so many more.
- •Laverne's Pies and Tires Fixed AlsoWORK BUS and Dwight thinking he's infertile and having a touching moment with Jim on the roof and almost killing everyone in a heroic attempt to get to the pie stand before 5pm.
- •Asian JimOne of the most memorable and hilarious cold opens and everyone forgets it's from the later seasons! Randall Park is perfect.
- •Dwight's Radio InterviewNellie's fantastic American accent, Dwight in his underwear in the break room calling David Wallace and begging him to let go of the hostage mailman. Classic.
- •5,000 pointsAndy tries to incentivize the office by saying he will get a tattoo if they make enough sales. Him fully dropping his pants in the tattoo parlor and the nard dog are both so great.
- •Darryl getting drunk off GluhweinAnd falling on the entire table of food and eggnog at the Pennsylvania Dutch Christmas Party.
- •Erin as a live-in helper"What type of tea is this?" "Oh I boiled some Gatorade."
- •Dwight trying to bicycle on a tightrope and asking Pam to be the balancing weightGreat voiceover, great ending to the episode. Also this episode introduces Plop and Dwight Jr., HOW COULD YOU NOT LOVE IT?
- •Plop inviting Erin to Poor Richard's after Andy bails on her to sail to the BahamasCLASSIC (NEW) JIM AND PAM THROWBACK.
- •Dwight and Angela asking Toby about gay sex"How do they know which penis will open to accept the other's penis?"
- •Kevin almost telling Angela about Oscar and the Senator.Every interaction, solid gold. "I HAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM."
- •Robert California's Pool PartyRyan and Gabe skinny dipping with him in the pool, so uncomfortable and classic.
- •Kelly Kapoor thinking she's moving to Miami when she's actually moving to OhioAnd throwing her puffy coats on everyone in the office.
- •Dwight and Angela's RaceDwight steal's one of the diapers from his suspected kid, races to a paternity testing facility, and has Mose double as himself with an identical car. GENIUS.