Already on li.st? Open in app.
Well that would be a really weird situation, right? I mean it's a desert but it has TV. It's an isolated island but I'm there with the DVDs? So anyway, you want my top TV shows for such a situation? Let's go!
- •Buffy The Vampire SlayerJust the best show ever, period and done
- •LostI'm debating a little bit here. The first season could be excellent research material for when I need to work out logistics of the island. But it has the potential to freak me out a little. And it's total nonsense too! Still though. For all island situations, Lost has a scenario
- •Gilmore GirlsI've still not watched it all, despite starting years ago. And Gilmore Girls strikes me as the kind of show that would inspire me to write something quite brilliant while I learn from it, so upon rescue I'd have something to start my worldly career again.
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- 2.Brit/GermanExpat, bilingual and all that
- 1.Season One
- 2.Season TwoCome on Koenig you can bring it back!
I am currently fluent in English and German, Good in French, OK-ish in Spanish and an enthusiastic beginner in Welsh. I've also studied Italian, Russian and Latin in the past.
- •Confident Speaking and Writing in WelshIncluding singing and maybe recording a song in the language, focusing on Welsh language street signs when I'm there, speaking the language on the phone without freaking out.
- •Dabbling in IcelandicI don't need to be fluent here but want to explore a little
- •Reviving my SpanishI studied Spanish 10 years ago and was confident quite quickly, but my course was about business language mostly. Spanish is a great travel language, so I'd love to speak it on a trip around South America.
*in our household
- •A View Quest Hepburn RadioRight now I'm listening to a radio documentary about Manchester and the making of "Power, Corruption & Lies" which is so wholesome (no tv) and happy making (fab music).
- •Type Trumps 1&2Top trumps with typefaces!
- •A packet of gingerbread biscuitsYou wouldn't think this was so enjoyable..but just try and you will see
What we're learning from our power cut
- •Pillar candlesSuddenly there is a point to unscented candles and those huge candle holders I found in the cupboard.
- •Matches or Lighters
- •Play with that shiny thing on the wall again!
- •How about getting out of your bed so I can get comfy
- •Play along! "Hang off the bathrobe" is an awesome game
- •ContentmentWhen you changed the sheets on Saturday or wake up and the house smells of coffee
- •GuiltYou didn't jump out of bed? You didn't go swimming? What's all this stuff on that to do list? Self 1 wanna know
- •Contentment againBed is nice
Frankfurters and Champagne need not apply
- •Brussels sprouts
- •Jerusalem artichokesThey aren't even artichokes
- •Hungarian Paprika