Stuff I Liked This Week v.2017.13
A lot of stuff this week.
- •Dave Chappelle's Netflix SpecialsI haven't see the 3rd one yet but I already know my favorite's the Age of Spin.
- •CalbeeThey make the best junk food with the weirdest flavors you didn't think you'd like but you'd be addicted to.
- •SchweppesSchweppes to me is the Calbee of sodas. I tried the mint and lime mojito(?) this time around.
- •Ferry from Macau to HKIAI had a flight to Singapore so I had to take a ferry from Macau going to HK and I thought I had to take the train to the airport once we docked. I was stressed about the payment because of the money changing situation, and was so relieved when I found out my flight's included in the list of allowed airlines for the ferry going straight to the airport. I know this is a lot to say about a ferry but it really made my life easier.
- •Tax refund at HKIAEven better is I was given a tax refund (for some reason) when I got to HKIA. My dinner's free! Whee!
- •Bumping into a friend at the HKIAIt seems I always bump into Chris at the unlikeliest of places. The last time it was while walking around Senado Square in Macau.
- •Lockdown SGWe went to solve one of those mystery rooms at the request of my friend's 11-yr old son (my godson) for his birthday. We managed to get out of the room but went about 5mins past the alloted hour to solve. It was fun solving the puzzles and figuring out the clues.
- •Group TherapyFunny name for a restaurant but the food's good. I had the skinny eggs ben. I had a taste of my friend's sheperd's pie - also good.
- •Scoop TherapyNot associated with the restaurant above, if you can believe it. I had the "London Fog", an earl grey tea-flavored ice cream. Really good.
- •Piedra NegraHad beers at Haji Lane and had good quesadillas here. Good nachos and margaritas too.
- •ColdplayI wasn't really a huge fan and was sort of just got dragged into watching them with friends, which was the perfect setup for the whole thing because I had super low expectations. It turned out to be a bit of a religious experience especially after hearing Fix You. It wasn't even my favorite Coldplay song but I suddenly found myself bawling when that guitar riff started, it was almost an out-of-body experience. (@listbot why does this have a limit? This was supposed to be a longer writeup)