Stuff I Liked This Week v.30
- •Ron's porchettaLEGIT.
- •Leony's palabok pinoOlie brought a bilao of this to the lomonorth/south get-together. The thick sauce mixed with the thin noodles makes for a yummy pancit that's better than Dolora's. Too bad they don't do deliveries.
- •The Awl newsletterI don't read the site regularly but I read somewhere that the newsletter's good. I forgot I subscribed til I discovered the past deliveries in my spam folder. Yep, they're a pretty entertaining read.
- •MMFFOh to hope that the next years' selections will be as good as this year's, or better. I liked the 3 out of the 4 I planned to watch - Die Beautiful (a lot of clichès but the 2 leads more than make up for it), Sunday Beauty Queen (buckets of tears!), Saving Sally (a cross between 500 Days of Summer and Scott Pilgrim). I was sadly disappointed with Seklusyon, it was beautifully made but I just did not like the story.
- •OJ Simpson: Made in AmericaAn ESPN documentary that tries to explain how one of the greatest injustices in criminal history happened by showing the context of the racial climate during the trial.
- •Sonja's donutsFluffy fried doughs pumped with just the right amount of light custard.