Favorite Film Scores Ever, 1980-present ➕
If I had all the money in the world, I would've pursued a career in film scoring. But since I don't, and j didn't, please allow me to pay tribute to my fave movie music of all time in my very subjective opinion. Also RIP James Horner.
- •Solaris (also Contagion, and Drive)Cliff Martinez. Incredible amibent sounds and use of mallet percussion juxtaposed with synth. So fucking cool.
- •InceptionHans Zimmer. He the man. And so is this masterpiece.
- •Being John MalkovichCarter Burwell
- •Shawshank Redemption, American Beauty, Saving Mr. Banks, et alThomas Newman - cousin of randy
- •Field of Dreams, Legends of the Fall, CocoonJames Horner. Film composer gold.
- •The HoursPhillip Glass
- •Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and like 30,000 othersJohn Williams
- •Inglorious Basterds, the MissionEnnio Morricone
- •Batman, the Corpse Bride, so many othersDanny Elfman, king of dark musical comedy
- •The social Network, Se7enTrent Reznor