Jargon 4 Jews
I'm allowed to say all of this as a half-Jew, so whatevs
- •Subject placement at the end of sentences, a little bit like yodaEx: "She dances beautifully that girl" or "a powerful man he is!"
- •Oy gevaltStandard speak for "ugh"
- •MishegasA great word to describe a messy/convoluted situation - "when did all that mishegas with the feinsteins start?"
- •KvellingTo beam with pride over your kin or loved one: "when I saw Juan get his diploma from university of Phoenix, I was kvelling!"
- •KvetchingComplaining. An important part of being Jewish.
- •TsurisTrouble: "my pedicurist brought so much tsuris into the salon with her hot-mess ways"
- •Passive aggressive guiltA standard technique that plays right into one's heartstrings: "I don't know what I'm going to do Sunday - I'll be all alone and I'm sure you're too busy to visit...."
- •BupkesTantamount to "zilch," this phrase literally means goat shit. "Ching left me with bupkes!"
- •FehGeneral disapproval, kind of like "meh" but meaner. "Wanna go see 'miss saigon?'" "Feh!"
- •Schmuck/putzJewish for a man who's either an asshole or a stupid idiot/loser. Can frequently be interchangeable!
- •GoyA non Jew (or plural, "goyim")
- •NO CILANTROOk this isn't a real one, but more of an anecdotal example of what I heard hundreds of Jewish girls say to waiters on Long Island in the 90s
- •Irregular/unorthodox syllabic emphasis (We saw ZACHary QuinTO on BeoadWAY in The GLASS Menagerie, oy his eyeBROWS, thick they are.)Suggested by @vp