Overheard in NYC Whilst Walking Home From Work Today
I work near Park Ave in the east 40s and live in Hell's Kitchen, which means I get to traverse Grand Central station, Rockefeller Center, northern Times Square and the theater district to and fro on a daily basis. This means I get to hear all sortsa funny shit from passersby and tourists. Without further ado:
- •"Do you think we can get tickets to 'CATS'?" (Husband to wife)Ummm, don't know if you heard, but CATS kinda closed in 2000...
- •"Where are all the gay people?" (A bunch of gays)I'm right here, biotch. Also, follow me home because my neighborhood is the epicenter of American gayness.
- •"It stinks around here." (Teenage posse)Yes, New York City does indeed smell like garbage and/or pee in certain areas. our bad.
- •"I need panties." (Girl to older woman, probably her mom)Yes, and people in hell need ice water. Also, there's a Strawberry RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU if it's really urgent
- •"This bitch had such nice titties" (dude on phone, ostensibly talking to someone other than the girl in question)So romantic!!! I'm sure she likes you in that way, too.
- •"OMG this is SOOO 'sex and the city'!" (Girl to her group of 5 friends)Hmmmm, well, if we're really going to be honest and true to SATC norms, you're going to need to get rid of two girls in your group so you net 4.