THE MOST SLEPT-ON SONGS IN MUSIC HISTORY
These are classics. Recognize.
- •"Burning In The Sun" Blue Merle http://bit.ly/1VG06swIt's like if a bluegrass band made the first Coldplay album. I love this fucking song. The video might be a Saturn commercial.
- •"The Golden Calf" Prefab Sprout http://bit.ly/1PTyLPyThe bridge of this song pops into my head once a week and has since 1988, and I always sing it, and I always mean it.
- •Sugababes "Overload" http://bit.ly/1ipfpaxCoolest sexiest thing ever.
- •Gordie Sampson "Sunburn" http://bit.ly/1KTgKS5The metaphor is so simple and perfect, it is INSANE nobody's used it before (which they probably have and I don't know or forgot). I don't know what happened to this guy, but I bet he moved to Nashville to write for country artists and he's a millionaire. I hope so.
- •Kina "Girl From The Gutter" http://bit.ly/1KxYKOAThe best revenge song ever. You want someone to underestimate you just so you can sing it at them. The rumor is that it's directed at a woman who called her "too ghetto" for a girl group she was putting together, and that woman is Lauryn Hill.
- •Jason Falkner "This Time" http://bit.ly/1i4Q0DkJason Falkner anything. Jason Falkner everything.
- •Tommy Keene "Places That Are Gone" http://bit.ly/1OmqROlIn a more just world, Tommy Keene is a superstar.
- •Butter 08 "Butter of '69" http://bit.ly/1UzvRRHActually, this one got about what it deserved, attention-wise. Watch the video and ache for the 1990s.