The Best Songs from 2016 Movies
I think this was an extraordinary year for movies and music making lovely harmony.
- •11 - The Great Beyond (Sausage Party)Crafted by Alan Menken, this was a perfect way to set the tone for the movie and send up others like it.
- •10 - Another Day of Sun (La La Land)Another opening tune, but this one is just a show stopper. To those who say it's a GAP ad only, I retort, GAP's got nothing on Justin Hurwitz!
- •9 - You're Welcome (Moana)Who knew Dwayne Johnson could sing so well?
- •8 - I Wanna Be Like You (The Jungle Book)Having Christopher Walken sing this is easily one of Disney's all-time great decisions.
- •7 - Finest Girl (Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping)Debuting first on SNL, it's a testament to the skill of The Lonely Island that they made a song about fucking Osama bin Laden good and catchy.
- •6 - No Dames (Hail, Caesar!)Channing Tatum tap dancing in a sailor costume evokes old Hollywood almost as much as the song does!
- •5 - Bear Necessities (The Jungle Book)Fit into the movie very naturally and it played on nostalgia perfectly.
- •4 - A Lovely Night (La La Land)Talk about evoking old Hollywood! This duet is everything! ❤️
- •3 - City of Stars (La La Land)Ryan Gosling crushes the song that first introduced the world to one of its best ever movies.
- •2 - How Far I'll Go (Moana)Obviously written by Lin-Manuel and beautifully performed by Cravalho, this is a Disney anthem right up there with the best of them.
- •1 - Audition (La La Land)This one genuinely moved me to tears. I believe in it and I love it completely.