The Ten Best Books I Read in 2016
Were any of these released this year? I don't believe so.
- 1.The Martian by Andy WeirSuch a well-told, well-characterized story.
- 2.The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. TolkienOne of the greats and unbelievably deservedly so.
- 3.The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina KeeganMy heart aches for the talent lost here.
- 4.Steve Jobs by Walter IsaacsonSuch a comprehensive and beautiful biography.
- 5.Naked by David SedarisOne of the premier essayist's seminal works.
- 6.The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- 7.Modern Romance by Aziz AnsariDripping with Aziz's infectious curiosity about love, one of the most fascinating topics in the world.
- 8.Room by Emma DonoghueA very hard book to put down.
- 9.Great Expectations by Charles DickensA challenging, fulfilling read.
- 10.Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead by Tom StoppardOne of the world's great spin-offs.