Concerts I Attended: October 2016
Inspired by @culture_czar (I know. I know. I'm late posting this, but better late than never. Also, all photos taken with my iPhone 7)
- •The DLX10/14/16 • The Thirsty Hippo • Hattiesburg, MS: A great young band from Hattiesburg, although I'm a little biased. My oldest son is the keyboard player. Find them on iTunes, Spotify, and all the places.
- •Josh Ritter10/22/16 • The Joy Theatre • New Orleans: My first time to see Ritter live, but I've been listening to his music for quite a while. He put on a great show and had a great four-piece band.
- •Jason Isbell10/22/16 • The Joy Theatre • New Orleans: I've seen Isbell a few different times and he never disappoints. This time, however, it was an exceptionally good show. It was also a great venue.
- •Bob Dylan10/27/16 • Thalia Mara Hall • Jackson, MS: I've seen Dylan 16 times and this show lands in the top five. He sounded great. He looked great. And he sauntered around the stage like he was still having a good time doing it.
- •The Jayhawks10/28/16 • Tipitina's • New Orleans: I've been a fan since 1991, but somehow had missed seeing them live until now. Tipitina's is a great venue and I'd see just about anyone there, but having a chance to see The Jayhawks there was a dream come true.