My Top Ten Favorite Bob Dylan songs
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Your list of favorite #BobDylan songs will no doubt look different than mine. So go make your own list. Here's mine: (in no particular order):
- •Dignity"Drinkin’ man listens to the voice he hears In a crowded room full of covered-up mirrors Lookin’ into the lost forgotten years for dignity."
- •A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall"Oh, where have you been, my blue-eyed son? Oh, where have you been, my darling young one? I’ve stumbled on the side of twelve misty mountains I’ve walked and I’ve crawled on six crooked highways I’ve stepped in the middle of seven sad forests I’ve been out in front of a dozen dead oceans I’ve been ten thousand miles in the mouth of a graveyard And it’s a hard, and it’s a hard, it’s a hard, and it’s a hard And it’s a hard rain’s a-gonna fall."
- •I Want You"The guilty undertaker sighs The lonesome organ grinder cries The silver saxophones say I should refuse you The cracked bells and washed-out horns Blow into my face with scorn But it’s not that way I wasn’t born to lose you."
- •With God on Our Side"Oh my name it is nothin’ My age it means less The country I come from Is called the Midwest I’s taught and brought up there The laws to abide And that the land that I live in Has God on its side."
- •John Brown"John Brown went off to war to fight on a foreign shore His mama sure was proud of him! He stood straight and tall in his uniform and all His mama’s face broke out all in a grin."
- •Highway 61 Revisited"Oh God said to Abraham, “Kill me a son” Abe says, “Man, you must be puttin’ me on” God say, “No.” Abe say, “What?” God say, “You can do what you want Abe, but The next time you see me comin’ you better run” Well Abe says, “Where do you want this killin’ done?” God says, “Out on Highway 61”
- •Trying to Get to Heaven"The air is getting hotter There’s a rumbling in the skies I’ve been wading through the high muddy water With the heat rising in my eyes Every day your memory grows dimmer It doesn’t haunt me like it did before I’ve been walking through the middle of nowhere Trying to get to heaven before they close the door."
- •Mississippi"All my powers of expression and thoughts so sublime Could never do you justice in reason or rhyme Only one thing I did wrong Stayed in Mississippi a day too long."
- •Tangled Up in Blue"Early one mornin’ the sun was shinin’ I was layin’ in bed Wond’rin’ if she’d changed at all If her hair was still red Her folks they said our lives together Sure was gonna be rough They never did like Mama’s homemade dress Papa’s bankbook wasn’t big enough And I was standin’ on the side of the road Rain fallin’ on my shoes Heading out for the East Coast Lord knows I’ve paid some dues gettin’ through Tangled up in blue."
- •Shooting Star"Listen to the engine, listen to the bell As the last fire truck from hell Goes rolling by All good people are praying It’s the last temptation, the last account The last time you might hear the sermon on the mount The last radio is playing. Seen a shooting star tonight Slip away."