Nine Things I Regularly Hear as a Newspaper Publisher
I've been a professional journalist for 19 years - seventeen of which have been as a publisher. In other words, it's all my fault.
- •"Your newspaper is too liberal."
- •"Your newspaper is too conservative."
- •"Your newspaper has an agenda. Why can't you be fair and balanced like FOX NEWS?"
- •"Will you please keep my son's name out of the court report?"
- •"I know it's at the last minute, but..."
- •"Advertising doesn't work for me. Will you write a story about my business, instead?"
- •"Mind your own business. This isn't newsworthy."
- •"Hey, mister. Take my picture."
- •"Can you look and see when my prescription will expire?"