Nine Things I Regularly Hear as a Newspaper Publisher
I've been a professional journalist for 19 years - seventeen of which have been as a publisher. In other words, it's all my fault.
- 1."Your newspaper is too liberal."
- 2."Your newspaper is too conservative."
- 3."Your newspaper has an agenda. Why can't you be fair and balanced like FOX NEWS?"
- 4."Will you please keep my son's name out of the court report?"
- 5."I know it's at the last minute, but..."
- 6."Advertising doesn't work for me. Will you write a story about my business, instead?"
- 7."Mind your own business. This isn't newsworthy."
- 8."Hey, mister. Take my picture."
- 9."Can you look and see when my prescription will expire?"