FAVORITE QUOTES (AND WHY) FROM A FILM THAT BRINGS ME GREAT SOLACE - COCKTAIL
In all sincerity, Cocktail is always there for me. I hope it can be there for you, too.
- •I see America drinking the fabulous cocktails I make. America is getting stinking on something I stir or shake.When Tom Cruise doubles down on that internal rhyme, the fucking grey clouds part.
- •Coughlin's Law - never tell tales about a woman. She'll hear you no matter how far away she is.So like, this is not a very feminist film. Although the female characters do have all the power and high paying professions in the film, and our leads are gold digging bartenders (with hearts of gold. If only they dug internally for it...). I could probably write a paper about how when (spoiler alert) Coughlin, the biggest chauvinist, dies it signals the death of the patriarchy and the end of the 80's hedonism or something but I'm not smart like that. I'm more street smart. Artful dodger.
- •Beer is for breakfast young Flanagan, drink or be gone.Bryan Brown as Doug Coughlin is a goddam revelation in this film.
- •I don't care how liberated this world becomes, a man will always be judged on the amount of alcohol he can consume, and a woman will be impressed by it.Side note, I met my wife by drinking a whole bottle of Scope.
- •I can't make it with my best friend's old lady.Kelly Lynch is the "old lady" Tom can't make it with.
- •Champagne- perfume going in, sewage coming out.
- •Everything ends badly, otherwise it wouldn't end at allPretty sure I got this under a Snapple cap once. Still true.
- •Is this our waterfall?Is it???
- •Coughlin's law - anything else is always something better
- •The essential technique of bar tending - less is more. The less you pour the more you score.
- •Coughlin's law - bury the dead, they stink up the joint.