TIMES I REALIZED I'M NOT AN ISLAND RECENTLY
usually I'm a narcissistic sack of shit. don't be fooled.
- •The lady I babysit for wrote "you're the best" in the subject line of my check because I watched her kids for longer hours and lower wages. parenthood is no easy cheesy and if I can help a mother out hell yeah I'll do it
- •Also, her kids told me they loved me 5 times that day and I realized I made an unintentional impression on them
- •My 21-month-old niece (yes, I speak in month terms because it matters) wouldn't look at me when I left to go back home, she just stared out the window and refused to give me a hug or kiss, and I got this text from my sister laterIt made me cry. Sometimes I think I'm a lame aunt, but something that is present in the both of us talks to each other
- •My brother told me "I don't talk to anyone else about this stuff," and it made me feel like maybe I do something good and respond to his concerns and issues in some okay way
- •talked with my professor about his cat that died over break and when we were parting ways he went for a fist bump and then rethought it and pulled me in for a hug
- •Got an email with the line "you matter to me" and it mattered to me