Books I Have Read More Than Once
I'm extremely picky about books and choose not to finish many. The multiple read books are an elite category. The Simone Biles of my book collection
- •Harriet the Spy.This is an amazing, subversive book that every child should read and every adult should re-read. Its about growing up, and learning that being different is good, if you figure out how to do it right.
- •The Goldfinich.Pulitzer Prize winning blah blah blah. Basically ruined all other books for me.
- •The Art of Fielding.A beautiful book that's about baseball but isn't.
- •This Must Be the Place.A recent multiple read. A book that looks at how we create and re-make ourselves.
- •The Ballad of West Tenth Street.Something about this quirky New York cast of characters speaks to me. At root, a story of unconventional family love.
- •The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay.I love Michael Chabon and I love this book most of all.
- •Late Nights on Air.This book was a polarizing book club pick but I love the magical prose and sleepy, beautiful picture of people and radio in Canada's north.
- •On BeautyZadie Smith lets her characters be complicated and messy and the folks in this book are so compelling that I can read about them over and over.
- •Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?In the dark days of February, I only read books by female comedians. This is a mainstay and it remains hilarious and affirming, always.
- •MiddlesexI'm a predictable book snob. So sue me.
- •The English PatientI studied this book in high school and wrote my AP English exam essay on it (on the character of Kip, specifically). It's a beautiful book and I still love it.