SCENES FROM SANIBEL'S TRAILER PARK
Sanibel Island's Periwinkle Park is a tourist attraction in its own right. Here's why.
- •They have an amazing collection of rescued exotic birds. Like this one.
- •And this one ("Peaches") which kept grabbing @fats hand. He thought she just liked him. We thought she was trying to eat his finger.
- •And these lovebirds.
- •And this Toucan-looking guy.
- •And the White Swans.
- •Also a Black Swan.
- •Some very colorful ducks.
- •Including this one with the blue bill.
- •And some other critters, like these lemurs.
- •And monkeys.
- •We definitely thought some of the birds would have been happier if they weren't in a cage. But they're rescues, so they probably wouldn't fare well in the wild.