DECIPHERING NOTES ON MY PHONE I DON'T REMEMBER MAKING
I use the Notes on my phone obsessively. It's both a journal and a notebook on the go. I'm constantly writing down words and phrases that strike me in a certain way, or drafting up texts I'll never send. Here are a handful of notes I found that I don't remember writing and lack the context necessary to ~fully understand what I was going after.
- 1.Sleep scheduleWhatever this was it didn't even ~remotely correct my sleep schedule.
- 2.ProgressRight after Christmas in 2012-- maybe I was mapping out my New Years resolution
- 3.OTPHJOver the Pants Hand Job-- now my actual all time favorite acronym. I had to have heard this before 2013 (where I fully committed it to memory), so I have no idea what purpose writing it down served... I had not just received an OTPHJ, honest.
- 4.YikesFeel like this was self-directed, despite feeling generally apologetic about most things and my tendency to overuse the word "sorry."
- 5.Yikes p.2Reflecting on semi-cherished high school memories, probably
- 6.Christmas EveIt was Christmas Eve and I was 10 feet deep in angst.
- 7.Do-over"If life could be forever one instant / Would it be the moment you met me?" is a lyric from Majical Cloudz's Bugs Don't Buzz. I was obsessed with this album that winter (and forever) and thought lots about how big a role timing plays in who becomes/remains important in your life. WAIT THIS WAS WRITTEN ON CHRISTMAS EVE TOO! Someone had kept me up all night, damn.
- 8.?.jpgMy general state of mind as a small, digital file.
- 9.WHAT HOW DID I FORGET THISWas this my idea?! Please say it's an original™®©. I'm starting this ASAP.
- 10.JacketMaybe ?.jpeg was me trying to conjure up a pic of this jacket 'cause it was apparently so wonderful I was 1. sick and 2. leaving myself a note as though it might spark a healthy dialogue. Additional thoughts: Very likely a jacket of Drake's, very likely out of my price range.
- 11.PaaaartyI dunno, but considering the amount of a's in party (seems important), maybe using voice memos would have been more effective.
- 12.Wii GolfFact: I was home for thanksgiving, my family owns a Wii, my dad and brother were likely playing Wii golf. Opinion: the Wii golf soundtrack is so PRETTY! I think I imagined this as a scene in a movie. How much would the licensing be? I'm gonna follow up on this.
- 13.LoveEh, bleak 2AM thoughts. However, if unrequited love isn't true then this rediscovery is going to save me lots of time.
- 14.Can I wear my Air Force Ones in heaven?No clue, but I'm vibin'. I have never owned Air Force Ones but I have a vivid memory of sitting in a field and listening to the song on repeat on my first gen. iPod.
- 15.HatsI don't know why I was writing this at 2AM, but I must have been thinking about a hat I was too self-conscious to try on in a store full of people but also not allowed to take to the dressing room. It's probably for the best. The only hat I wear now is a hat from my high school days working as an umpire: blue, short bill, classic cap-- likely modeled from the hat adults show babies when teaching them the word "hat."