Some are real. Some are on the rise. All are wonderful word blends that add rich meaning in this life.
- •BreastaurantI read an article once about the rise of breastaurants like Twin Peaks and Tilted Kilt. Not crazy about the concept, but crazy about the word.
- •AthleisureThis one is important to me because leggings
- •BraptionalI came up with this one. It's useful for days when I work from home and the uniform is "braptional," or bra optional.
- •BadditudeMy older sister uses this a lot. Perfect for when you want to describe someone with a bad attitude, and you also want to save yourself some time/syllables
- •JackalopeIs this a Colorado thing? You see jackalopes in tourist trap restaurants in weird mountain towns. I didn't get it for the longest time, but now I'm in on this bizarre inside joke.
- •PluotPluots are 10x more delicious that apricots and/or plums AND 10x more fun to say
- •AffluenzaWhoever coined this term is a goddamn wizard. What a perfect word blend that evokes a specific type of person! This is just a stunning bit of wordplay.
- •GlampingThe only kind of camping I know
- •JortsYou can never have enough
- •SexerciseYou can never have enough
- •BrogrammerFrat boys who can code
- •BotoxDID YOU GUYS KNOW THIS IS A COMBINATION OF "BOTULISM" AND "TOXIC?"