TOP 10 NES GAMES
Testing out the list app because I like lists. Best NES games ever was a discussion last night so it's a good list to start with.
- •Bubble BobbleEasy choice for number one. Favorite game from childhood and still lots of replay value today. Not fun with one player, but the best co-operative game ever.
- •Tecmo Super BowlThe essential sports game for NES. Even though my brother thinks NES playaction football is the best football game, TSB is the gold standard. No other sports game can be played so many years later and still be just as amazing.
- •Super Mario Bros 3While Mario 2 was good in its own right, 3 was leaps and bounds beyond it in terms of gameplay. No explanation needed really. A favorite of many.
- •The Legend of ZeldaLaid the groundwork for my favorite video game franchise in history (sorry, Mario!). This game consumed my life at age 7 or however old I was. It's a shame Zelda 2 wasn't as good.
- •North and SouthUnfortunately I wasn't introduced to this game until my adulthood. If Bubble Bobble is the best 2 player co-operative game, then this is the most fun you can have with 2 players head-to-head of any game in history. I want to restore my NES or get a generic brand just so I can keep playing this game.
- •Deja VuThe Kemco point-and-click games were unique and I loved them all. Deja Vu was my favorite though and it had the best story. One of those goosebump-inducing suspenseful games that blew my mind as I discovered each new clue.
- •Mega Man 2Comes to mind as one of the best side scrollers after Mario. Being able to beat the bosses in any order was unique. Probably my favorite video game music of all time. I've definitely gone through multiple MM2 ringtones.
- •Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!It's embarrassing to say that I never actually beat Tyson at the end of this game. But I still had endless amounts of fun working my way through the colorful cast of characters. Another consensus top game among the masses.
- •RC Pro-AmThe best racing game for NES. Great gameplay that still holds up, only grievance is with the pink car driven by the CPU that went freakishly fast.
- •Gun.SmokeMy favorite NES shooter deserves to make it into the top 10. Another game that has a memorable soundtrack which definitely added to its appeal for me.