Five reasons why I love my office.
I've occupier this little office on the 1st floor of the LC since May 2003. Here are. Some reasons why it is my home away from home.
- •Room for a kitchenThere's not a lot of space, but enough for a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. What else do you need?
- •Secret doorwayThis connects my office to my assistant's. But because of the bookshelf, most people walking by never realize that it's there.
- •Frequent visitorsSince I'm across from the main library office and the elevator, people are always dropping in to chat.
- •A window.Yes, it's narrow and dirty, but at least I can tell what the weather is like. And sometimes even see something interesting!
- •Big desk.It's a bit beat-up, but there's room for lots of colorful office supplies. I love office supplies! If I had to choose between going to Staples or going to Dillard's, Staples would win every time.