Things I've learned about Medical City in Dallas
My daughter has been in this hospital for a week and a half now. So I've noticed some things I want to share before she comes home.
- •DisambiguationYou can tell North from South towers because North Tower has a ginormous fake tree.
- •Special OlympicsThis is what wheelchairs and walkers have to negotiate to get out of the parking lot. Is this ADA compliant?
- •Natural SelectionSome fountains work; some don't.
- •Retail TherapyDo women really buy their purses at a hospital?
- •Unnecessary ComplexityOne remote to rule them all: a button for the nurse, a button for the lights, and a button for the TV. One TV button to turn the set on, rotate through 30+ channels, and turn it off. It's easier to just not watch TV at all.
- •Mystical PowersWhy so many outlets? There were eight electrical outlets on each side of this column, which stands alone in the atrium of South Tower. What gets plugged in here?