5 things you didn't know about Newt Gingrich
...and why he'd be a perfect Trump VP choice
- •Gingrich’s personal financial disclosure forms turned up a debt of between $250,000 and $500,000 in 2005 and 2006 to the high-end jewelry store Tiffany’s. Pressed to explain what he had spent such a large sum of money on, Gingrich declined. (Washington Post)
- •Gingrich had publicly condemned former President Clinton's infidelities with Monica Lewinsky, while discreetly carrying on an affair of his own with congressional aide Calista Bisek, 23 years his junior. (Huffington Post)
- •Gingrich blamed his philandering on his patriotism: "There's no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate..." (Christian Broadcasting Network)
- •He said this, proving his ego may be too big (or just right?) for Trump's VP spot:“I have enormous personal ambition. I want to shift the entire planet. And I’m doing it. I am now a famous person. I represent real power.”
- •And finally, proving he's perfect to be Trump's VP:12. “She isn’t young enough or pretty enough to be the President’s wife.” ~ talking about his first wife after divorcing her.