IPAD GAMES YOU SHOULD PLAY
In no particular order...
- •God of BladesLike playing the liner notes of a Hawkwind album
- •BastionWorth playing for the fabulous conceit of the narrator alone...but also really good
- •Infinity BladeAny of them. They're just beautiful, that's all.
- •Pirates!An ancient masterpiece dusted off for your padding pleasure
- •PeggleThis game feels like it was designed for the iPad, even though it came out years before on every device with a screen. Bonus points for anticipating gaming's high camp trend by about 3 years
- •The SettlersNo, not Settlers of Catan, that's further down this list. This is an awesome God Game from the 90s that you missed unless you're German or you're in the industry.
- •Banner SagaIt's gorgeous and the story is really well woven into the experience
- •FTLYou are going to hate me about 9 hours after you install this, when its 4am and you are about to run out of batteries and you have to get up to work in 3 hours.
- •RavenmarkThis game is based on a homebrew miniatures game that, in turn, is based on the designer's multiyear Dungeons & Dragons campaign. If you thing making a game like that sounds rad, you will almost certainly enjoy this
- •Ace PatrolSid Meier does turn-based WWI dogfights. Um, yes please.
- •X-COMThe original is the Velvet Underground of videogames, this remake actually lives up to it. See for yourself why this was every game designer's favorite game growing up.
- •Baldur's GateDid you like RPG games played on your PC in the 90s? This is that - no more and no less
- •Hitman GoThe likelihood that someone was going to made a tight strategy game with just about the best aesthetic of the last five years on out of this franchise is pretty much the game equivalent of P.T. Anderson directing the next Transformers movie
- •Out ThereThe Most French Videogame $3.98 can buy. It's about loneliness
- •CarcassoneA fabulous board game, super well converted. Bring this on trips and play with your family instead of watching Amazing Spider-Man 2 on the plane.
- •Ticket to RideAnother excellent pass n' play board game conversion. Raining during your vacation in Mexico? Fire it up and get drunk and punch each other
- •Catan HDFriends are always telling you about Settlers of Catan but you can't play because they all already know how and will kick your ass. Download this, let eat teach you how to play, avoid getting bent over on game night. Done.