ARE ROSE-WATER SPRAYS AN ACTUAL THING? WHAT COULD SPRAYING WATER ON YOUR FACE REALLY DO?!
Great question Sarah! Let's discuss
- •To start, most skincare ingredients contain water (or oil!) as a base or in some form or anotherAs does our skin
- •Ever notice how using water in different cities can wreak havoc on your skin?That's because of the PH. Different water has different PHs, so does our skin! When they contact each other they have a chemical reaction which changes the PH usually of your skin
- •When's your skins PH changes it starts acting crayIt likes to be in a certain, very specific range - the range that the cells who live in thrive the best, doing their job, producing new cells, turnover, collagen, the right amount of sebum, etc.
- •Rose water has a certain PH that our skin loves!It's magic! It's very balancing, helping our skin to find that neutral ground that allows it to function at it's best.
- •So that's why people love these spraysAnd the more you use them, the better they work because the skin stops swinging out of the happy PH range and starts to balance itself better.
- •Rose water was first discovered because of the petalsEver think about how they stay so thick and soft and firm? That's what we want our skin to do!
- •Just like the petals, it doesn't work as well if your not getting what you need from withinSpraying doesn't replace proper hydration, or moisturizer! But it's a great way for problem skin to stay "toned" during the day
- •Hope that helps!