HOW TO PRICE SHOP COSMETICS ONLINE
- •Get a tester IRLSephora is lavishly generous with samples so you can try something at home before you buy
- •Remember to factor in total costsSometimes the list price isn't the real price - look at shipping costs, if they charge tax, tariffs and also factor in any discount codes. don't forget to shop sites like Ipsy/birchbox/dermstore/drugstore.com/Nordstrom/saks which often carry a range of mid-premium brands and frequently have 10-20% off programs
- •Loyalty gets rewardedIf you find a product you love sign up for the stores loyalty program - I get exclusive discounts from sephora plus all those great "points" deluxe samples, beauty boxes (birchbox, Ipsy etc) and Nordstrom also have points
- •If you find a great deal stock upCosmetics and beauty products don't spoil until they're exposed to air, they should keep at peak efficacy for at least a year
- •Beware forgeries especially on AmazonIf a price seems to good to be true, it probably is. read the reviews - people always post if they got a product with a weird label or something off. If there are bad reviews, or no reviews, pass and look for a reputable stockist!